Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for Matt Forte's thoughts on the franchise tag, Johnny Knox's memories of the hit and hard lessons on Wes Welker and Brandon Merriweather.
- Matt Forte is eager to meet Phil Emery. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Forte also said he does not mind the franchise tag if it's a stepping stone to a deal. (CSN Chicago)
- Johnny Knox recalls like it was yesterday the devastating hit that required him to have back surgery. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears learned a tough lesson on Brandon Merriweather. (ESPN Chicago)
- Years ago, Chicago had a shot at Wes Welker. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Rams are following the Bears model. Wait. The Bears have a model? (CSN Chicago)