So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, good night.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on to find out about a departure, more on the Saints' bounty scandal, franchise tags affecting free agency, and a rap about an indicted former Bear.
- Report: The Bears will part ways with back-up quarterback Caleb Hanie after he disappointed when filling in for Jay Cutler. (ESPN Chicago)
- Former Bear and Saint Alex Brown defended his New Orleans offensive coordinator. (Chicago Tribune)
- Stiff penalties on the New Orleans bounty scandal will make the NFL safer, not softer. (Chicago Tribune)
- Franchise tagged players will limit Chicago's free agent options. (ESPN Chicago)
- Randy Moss' workout with the Saints could mean good things for the Bears. (CSN Chicago)
- Lovie Smith backs Barack Obama in the presidential election. (Chicago Tribune)
- Someone wrote a rap about Sam Hurd's "drug empire." Extremely not safe for work lyrics. (Kissing Suzy Kolber)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations