Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news.
- Following in the footsteps of Walter Payton, Matt Forte has used uphill running to regain explosiveness after knee surgery. (Chicago Bears)
- Brian Urlacher is still not happy that Jay Cutler was criticized after the NFC Championship game. Hopefully, he'll take out his anger on the field this fall. (Chicago-Sun-Times)
- The players are locked out, but jersey prices at the NFL Shop are up $5. That makes sense. (CBS Sports)
- The lockout canceled the rookie symposium, a yearly three-day event that tries to teach the newbies life skills. One former attendee argues the rookies aren't missing much. (National Football Post)
- If you're down in the dumps about the Bulls -- who isn't? -- just watch this video of Corey Wootton sacking Brett Favre. Instant pick-me-up. (Windy City Gridiron)