Chris Conte had two picks and nine broken up passes in 2012. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on the Bears' safeties, an option for the offense and a missed encounter with a Bear.
- The core of the defense is aging. This fact puts extra pressure on young defenders like Chris Conte to perform. So far in camp, so good. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Conte isn't the only young safety looking to make an impression. Brandon Hardin missed all of last season with an injury, and he is looking to make a mark. (Chicago Tribune)
- Kelvin Hayden's role was not as defined last season. Now that he knows his role, he's becoming more comfortable in Chicago. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears are continuing to put together their new offense. Read-option could be included. (Chicago Tribune)
- Did you run into a guy who looked like Kyle Long at a gas station? Well, it was Kyle Long. (Twitter)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations