CHICAGO, IL - DECEMBER 16: Jay Cutler #6 of the Chicago Bears tries to get up after being sacked during a game against the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field on December 16, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois. The Packers defeated the Bears 21-13. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears. Read on for the latest on Jay Cutler's crucial season, Henry Melton playing on a franchise tag and the Bears' statistical nemesis.
- Jay Cutler isn't the only quarterback in an important season. Two of his NFC North counterparts are at the crossroads this season. (ESPN NFC North)
- With Marc Trestman coaching Cutler, there may be changes to the quarterback. It's worth watching if his accuracy has changed during training camp. (CSN Chicago)
- ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski is not impressed with Cutler. He dropped the Bear six spots in his annual ranking of quarterbacks. (ESPN Chicago)
- Henry Melton is playing on a franchise tag. It makes it a big year for him to perform to get a long-term contract. (Chicago Tribune)
- You know the players who always give the Bears troubles. Statistically, who are the Bears' nemeses? (Windy City Gridiron)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations