(Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Gabe Carimi missing practices, Jay Cutler making an impression, and who was let go from the team.
- Gabe Carimi is competing for a spot on the offensive line with a first-round draft pick and several free agents. He didn't help his cause by not going to OTAs. (Chicago Tribune)
- Though OTAs are voluntary, he's missing the chance to learn the new offense. He's reportedly working out in Arizona. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Jay Cutler, on the other hand, is making an impression. His new quarterback coach likes what he sees. (Chicago Tribune)
- Draft pick Cornelius Washington could be a hybrid linebacker or defensive end. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- With voluntary workouts and rookies reporting, the Bears made more roster moves. Dom DeCicco was released and four undrafted free agents were signed. (ESPN Chicago)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations