Offensive lineman Gabe Carimi #68 of the Wisconsin Badgers holds the Heartland Trophy with his teammates as they celebrate their victory of the University of Iowa Hawkeyes at Kinnick Stadium on October 23, 2010 in Iowa City, Iowa. Wisconsin won 31-30 over Iowa.
Good morning, and welcome to a Carim-iffic version of Bear Bites, your round-up of Bears news.
- In case you missed it last night, the Bears got their guy despite a flubbed traded. (Grizzly Detail)
- Carimi was a good start, but now the rest of the work begins in the next five rounds of the draft and impending free agency. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears aren't the only team who got their guy. The Lions picked up defensive lineman Nick Fairley. He and Ndamukong Suh are a terrifying pair. (Detroit Free-Press)
- The failed trade was a "glitch" on the Bears part. Jerry Angelo apologized to the Ravens, but was happy that both teams got their men. (Chicago Tribune)
- Day Two could be the perfect opportunity for the Bears to take a defensive tackle. (ESPN Chicago)
- With the lockout lifted, barring any court interference, the Bears have scheduled their offseason activities. Rookie camp and voluntary workouts are in early May while mini-camp starts June 6. (Chicago Tribune)
- ZOMG! Check out the ring that Jay Cutler gave Kristin Cavallari. I thought that the players were supposed to be saving their money during the lockout ... ? (TMZ)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter all weekend through the next five rounds of the draft. It's a party!
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations