Executive Vice President of Football Operations Bill Parcells watches practice on during Miami Dolphins Rookie Mini Camp on June 6, 2008 at the Dolphins practice facility in Davie, Florida.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning round-up of Bears news.
- Jerry Angelo still holds onto special draft advice that legendary coach Bill Parcells gave him about looking past the scouting reports and statistics. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- I wonder if Parcells told Angelo to lowball contract extensions for the Bears best assistant coach? A report says that's exactly what the Bears did to special teams coordinator Dave Toub. Considering the consistent greatness of the Bears ST unit under Toub's direction, that is not good news. Bears, please pay the man. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Former Bear Matt Bowen writes about his draft day experience, including the fear that he'd have to write a resume and who that no-name player was drafted after him. (Chicago Tribune)
- Walter Payton was ranked as the best number four overall draft pick of all time. No argument here, as it's rare that a draft pick from Jackson State will turn into the best running back of all time. (Associated Press)
- The offensive line's ineptitude is usually looked at in terms of the many, many sacks that they've given up, but they also gave up a ton of yardage on penalties. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Check out Devin Hester's little boy looking for Easter eggs. Awwww. (Twitter)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations