Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Are you getting a late start this morning because of the Blackhawks' win? It's well worth it. Now, focus on football, the NFL's Top 100 and the wisdom of Tank Johnson.
- The NFL Network has made it through the league's top 100 players. See which Bears were left off the list. (CSN Chicago)
- Former Bears tight end coach Mike DeBord laments the tight ends lack of receptions. Funny, Bears fans lament it, too. (Chicago Tribune)
- Tank Johnson had a rocky tenure in Chicago off the field. Now, he will be speaking to rookies about how to avoid such trouble. (Pro Football Talk)
- Where are the biggest schedule pitfalls in 2013? The Bears have a pretty big one early in the season. (National Football Post)
- For the past nine years, Tim Spencer was the Bears' running backs coach. This season, he's not coaching thanks to odd timing of his release from the Bears. (Chicago Tribune)