GLENDALE, AZ - DECEMBER 23: Quarterback Jay Cutler #6 of the Chicago Bears. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Are you getting a late start this morning because of the Blackhawks' win? It's well worth it. Now, focus on football, the NFL's Top 100 and the wisdom of Tank Johnson.
- The NFL Network has made it through the league's top 100 players. See which Bears were left off the list. (CSN Chicago)
- Former Bears tight end coach Mike DeBord laments the tight ends lack of receptions. Funny, Bears fans lament it, too. (Chicago Tribune)
- Tank Johnson had a rocky tenure in Chicago off the field. Now, he will be speaking to rookies about how to avoid such trouble. (Pro Football Talk)
- Where are the biggest schedule pitfalls in 2013? The Bears have a pretty big one early in the season. (National Football Post)
- For the past nine years, Tim Spencer was the Bears' running backs coach. This season, he's not coaching thanks to odd timing of his release from the Bears. (Chicago Tribune)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations