Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Thursday night's win, Jon Bostic's big hit, the offense's bad habit and a cool conversation between Bears past and present.
- Even with a new coach, one thing remains the same with the Bears' offense. They still have a terrible first series. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- It's important for rookies to make their mark in the pre-season. Jon Bostic did that with a monster hit. (Windy City Gridiron)
- He wasn't the only one who did well on defense. Marc Trestman was pleased with the defensive line's performance, even without Henry Melton or Julius Peppers playing. (ESPN Chicago)
- Matt Forte played a huge role in the pre-season win. The Bears turned to the run often. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Matt Blanchard was showing promise as a developmental quarterback. Unfortunately, he broke his knuckle during the game. (ESPN Chicago)
- Remember Bears safety Mike Brown? Check out the cool exchange he had with Chris Conte. (Twitter)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations