Good morning, Bears fans, and welcome to Bear Bites, the roundup of the Bears news you need to know to get through the day.
- At the Combine, the Bears met with Gabe Carimi, a brash offensive tackle from Wisconsin. Wonder where they got that idea. (ESPN Chicago)
- The federal mediators meeting with NFL owners and players released a statement that doesn't give much hope that the lockout will be avoided. They remain far apart on the big issues and are scheduled to meet again on Tuesday. (NFL Players Association)
- The Bears are expected to pursue Olin Kreutz, heading into his 14th season, as a free agent. (Chicago Tribune)
- Former Bears and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh still appreciates everything he learned under Mike Ditka. Hopefully, we'll see Harbaugh chomping gum, wearing a sweater vest and growing a wicked mustache. (ESPN Chicago)
- What has Earl Bennett been up to since the season ended? Tattoos, of course. (TwitPic)
- In case you missed it last night, be sure to watch Peggy Kusinski's moving interview with Alicia Duerson, Dave's ex-wife. She talks about how Dave's health tormented him in his final years. (Grizzly Detail)