Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your round-up of the best Bears news from around the web. Read about what Lovie Smith and the Bears thought of Caleb Hanie's performance, Mike Martz's problems, the weird way the game ended, who Brian Urlacher blames for the loss, and Johnny Knox's performance.
- Lovie Smith wants Caleb Hanie to look at yesterday's loss as a learning experience. (ESPN Chicago)
- Grading Hanie's performance. (National Football Post)
- Martz's playcalling didn't make matters any easier for Hanie. (Chicago Tribune)
- Take a closer look at the weird way the game ended. (Shutdown Corner)
- Hanie's teammates offered many words of encouragement. (Chicago Tribune)
- Brian Urlacher said to blame the defense for the loss, not Hanie. (ESPN Chicago)
- Johnny Knox did his best to bail out the team. (Chicago Sun-Times)