Head coach Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears (C) watches along with defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli (L) and special teams coordinator Dave Toub (R) as their team takes on the Arizona Cardinals during a preseason game at Soldier Field on August 28, 2010 in Chicago.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for lots of coaching personnel news, how Lovie Smith dealt with the roster and the role of tight ends on the Bears offense.
- After leaving the Bears, Mike Martz has decided to retire from coaching. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The Bears' exclusive negotiating window with special teams coach Dave Toub is closing quickly. (ESPN Chicago)
- Defensive backs coach Jon Hoke was denied permission to interview with the Vikings for their defensive coordinator opening. (Chicago Tribune)
- Was the flaw with the Bears their roster or Lovie Smith's ability to work with what he had? (Chicago Tribune)
- To improve the offense, Bears must re-emphasize the role of tight ends. (ESPN Chicago)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations